Saturday, December 6, 2008

Me? Poetry? Never...

So, I wrote this somewhat-poem for my facebook profile "about me" section. I plan on changing that part of my profile sometime soon, and I don't want to lose this. It's not very well written, and I am not big on poems, but I think it captures the essence of me.

Here it is:

I am...

perpetually curious.

Always the scientist, usually the philosopher, sometimes the artisan and on rare occasion the artist.

Jack-of-all-trades, master of most.

The eternal student, the jubilant teacher; The magician who will reveal his secrets if asked nicely enough.

The harbinger of enlightenment, the waster of ignorance; child of logic and husband of reality.

Passionate in my rationalism; and thus by neither lovers nor warriors claimed.

The enforcer of the Golden Rule, the arbiter of justice; balancer of your karmic burden.

The last light before you enter the darkness; only grown-ups come this way.

The grateful son, the encouraging brother; probably the only really honest friend you have.

Rarely one to deny enthusiasms; restraint is the product of hopes and desires.

Strong enough to stand alone; nonetheless thankful for friends.

No comments: